The Ultimate Guide to Using Tags in Your CRM for Business Success
Understanding Tags in Your CRM Software
Tags allow your business to send more targeted and relevant messages and offers to specific groups of customers instead of sending a blanket message/offer out to all of your contacts (which some may not find helpful). This increases customer relationships because they feel like their needs are being met!
Using tags allows you even more customization when creating lists with which you'll deliver content - making them even more effective than before!
You can also use tags for much more than just sales and marketing tools. For example, they can trigger different automation workflows, group contacts for customer onboarding stages, or you can use tags for reporting purposes.
Why You Should be Using Tags for Customer Segmentation
- Create lists with tags so you can quickly load a group of contacts
- Send more targeted, and relevant messages/offers for customer upsells
- Automate sales processes based on their tag(s) or lead temperature
- Quickly identify what stage of the sales pipeline your prospects are in with tags
- Use tags for reporting purposes
The Different Types of Tags You Can Use in Your CRM
- Personal Tags - these can be used for anything for contact management from personal reminders, the information you need about the person, or their interests/hobbies so that you know how to connect with them better
- Marketing Tags - are excellent for segmenting contacts based on relevant data like what they're interested in and sending more relevant messages/offers.
- Lead Temperature Tags - this type is used to help you segment contacts based on how close they are to becoming customers (i.e., the number of points/times contacted, etc.)
- Sales-Focused Tags - helpful if there's a specific stage in the sales cycle where certain criteria need to be met before advancing further (for example, all leads under $50k)
- Reporting & Analytics Tags - having tags dedicated solely to reporting will allow you to access data even faster!
The Benefits of Using Tags in Your CRM System
- Personalization - sending more relevant messages/offers increases customer satisfaction and makes them feel more connected with your brand!
- Time Saving & Efficiency - instead of having to sift through contact records manually, you can check the tag(s) they belong to for reports or automation purposes, saving time and allowing you to focus on other things (which is always lovely!)
- Better Listing Capabilities - lists with automated workflows make marketing efforts even better because they take less action from your sales team and provide an excellent customer experience! In addition, tags provide much-needed flexibility, and you can automate the entire process as well.
- Track-specific activities - you can use tags to trigger different automation workflows so that you don't have to monitor your contacts manually. For example, you might want a tag applied to all contacts that click a specific link in your email and automatically group these contacts based on their behavior.
- Segmentation - segmenting customers into lists based on their tag(s) is a fantastic way of delivering relevant content and taking the time out of sales efforts! This also makes it easier for sales reps/teams to check the list instead of looking for each contact record.
Start Growing Your Business with Pulse Today
Pulse is a powerful CRM and marketing automationÂ software that brings consistency and real-time reporting to businesses, which helps companies grow smarter and faster.
Instantly get access to Pulse's powerful tools that help companies grow smarter and faster.
Why it is Important to be Consistent With Tagging
So remember: planning with tagging is essential because it ensures that marketing efforts will be what they need to be (and staying consistent allows you and your team more time for other things)! Working closely with those who manage customer records/CRM workflows can also help ensure efficiency across teams and create a better experience overall - which benefits everyone involved.
Make sure all members of the sales process know precisely what types of tags are available. Hence, there's no confusion about when certain automated activities should run, etc. Working together makes everything flow smoothly. Itâs also best to automate the tagging behind the scenes, so your team doesnât have to apply or remove tags manually at certain stages.
Tips on How to Get The Most Out of Tagging in Your CRM
Create a shortlist of tags - don't try to create a new tag for every scenario because it will become overwhelming things will get unorganized quickly. Instead, spend some time thinking this process out.
Use tags for particular purposes - don't try to create a tag for everything under the sun. Most rules about tagging can be broken for reporting/analytics purposes, but use tags sparingly because you want an efficient system!
Don't forget about people - when you're using tags in your CRM system, always think of who will benefit from them and how everyone's role contributes to their success within an organization.
There is no limit to the number of tags you can have, so don't be afraid to try them all out and see what works for your specific needs. In addition, as mentioned earlier, there are many types of tags that allow for various uses within customer relationship management systems, which means more flexibility on how you manage customer communication & run your business.